Monday, December 6, 2010

Chanukah Recipe #6....The easiest roasted garlic EVER



 This may not exactly count as a recipe.

 (It also barely counts as a blog for the 6th night, seeing as there's only 15 minutes left of it.)

Knee-deep in my obsessive reading of Chanukah-themed foods, I discovered a New York Times photo slideshow and fell. In. Love. Hard.
Even though, I'm not really a deep-fryer, and especially even though I was only going to have about an hour of prep time before Friday night's Chanukah party, I bought all of the ingredients to make those gorgeous deep fried garlic cloves and green olives. Visit the actual recipe over here.
I was fixated.

Reality, of course, reared it's ugly, yet innovation-producing, head and I decided my guests could simply snack on the olives as is.  Drain.  Set in pretty bowl.  Done.

The garlic, however, couldn't really be served raw....well, not too anyone besides my allium-loving girlfriend.
Knowing the passion that roasted garlic evokes, but being less familiar with  the jars of pre-peeled cloves, I turned the oven on, busted out the olive oil (keeping in tact the holiday symbolism), and winged it.

And I'm here to share the majesty.

Roasted Garlic Cloves for a Chanukah Celebration
1. Go to the grocery store and buy a jar of pre-peeled garlic cloves.
2. Bring them home and set your oven to 350 degrees.
3. Liberally pour some olive oil onto a baking sheet.
4. Toss on the pan the cloves and a few good shakes of salt.
5. Mix together with your hands.
6. Put in the oven and roast until very brown (but not burnt) and soft.
7. Serve with everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment